Sunday 2 March 2014

Preparing for a Fashion Shoot (and the Importance of Mood Boards) by Alexandra Gunnoe Reviews



Right now I’m in the middle of preparing for 11 separate fashion shoots featuring theses gorgeous vintage buses from the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s.  For more information on this project please read my previous blog “The Vintage Bus Project”.  It’s a lot of juggling, and in an effort to stay organised I’m trying to focus on a few shoots at a time so it doesn’t all catch up with me later.  

As of today, I have held castings for models, hair stylists and makeup artists for the first four shoots, and I am lucky to have found an amazing stylist, Kate Sly, of Fashion Farmer who is pulling looks for the entire project.   Most of my recent days have been spent emailing my creative team (soooo many emails), deciding on locations and trying to make sense of everything by creating excel sheets and mood boards.  I haven’t been the most organised person in my past and I’m trying out this system, which seems to be working for me so far.  I feel very, very busy but I’m not overwhelmed, which is a good place to be.

The first shoot will be a 60’s theme and we’ve built the concept around this beautiful 1959 yellow double-decker.  Hopefully you can see from my mood board what I want to get from the shoot.   My mood boards aren’t too fancy or elaborate in execution but they get the point across.  Our model, Morgan, fits the theme perfectly and the wardrobe Kate has pulled is more than amazing.  I now feel confident everyone involved is on the same page.


Here are two more mood boards for the 2nd and 3rd shoot, which are a 40’s and 50’s theme, respectively.    
 



And Kate’s efforts deserve their own photos, as I couldn’t be happier with what she has chosen for our first shoot.










Not long now, we start shooting in a week!




Alexandra Gunnoe at Alexandra Gunnoe Photography

alexandragunnoe.com
 

2 comments:

  1. Seems like a great and exciting project. I think your mood boards are very organised. Brilliant theme too. Hope to see you're final fotos here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, much appreciated! It has been an exciting ride so far. I'm interested to see how this weekend turns out. Will keep you posted!

      Delete