Monday 24 February 2014

Girl on a Bus by Alexandra Gunnoe



Not too long ago, I wrote a blog called “Location Inspiration” about this old building I’ve driven by several times. Apparently it was a control tower from WWII.  I’ve wanted to do a fashion shoot there for awhile and over the weekend I finally had my chance.   

Around the same time I wrote that blog, I met a girl who would later become my model for the shoot.  I had taken my baby out for a day at the park and had decided to bus it home.  Meeting Brooke on that bus was completely random… we were in the middle of nowhere and the encounter was totally unexpected.  Of course I had no cards, had my baby in tow and still had that “new mother” look about me (bedraggled hair, dark circles under the eyes, a vacant stare).  So I scribbled my information on scrap of paper and gave it to her, saying I’d love to photograph her sometime.  I don’t often approach strangers to photograph but there was something about her look that caught my eye.  

Given the circumstances, I didn’t really expect Brooke to email me.  I certainly didn’t look like a professional at the time, but I was hoping she’d look at my portfolio and take a chance.  Luckily for me she did and these are some of my favorite images from our session.  Can you believe it was her first photo shoot?    The wind was a bit crazy and it was uncomfortably cold but she handled it like a pro and was a blast to work with. 

* For the other photographers out there, this was attained by using natural light, plus a mini soft box on a 430 exii and a reflector. 

*To view a slideshow of our session with more photos, please click on this link:


  Alexandra Gunnoe Photography.



 Photos taken by Alexandra Gunnoe at Alexandra Gunnoe Photography

 alexandragunnoe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment